Acute illness diagnosis and management
Diagnosis and management of minor and serious illness.
LongTerm Disease care
- Heart Disease /hypertension
The following services may be performed by your doctor:
- Peak Expiratory flow rate measurements (PEFR); a simple breathing test which measures airflow from the lungs & can be used to both monitor & help to diagnose asthma.
- Nebuliser treatment for acute asthma attacks. Medication can be delivered by inhaling the relieving drug in the droplet form created by a nebuliser.
- Smoking Cessation: This is a difficult task and we advise you get as much help as possible.
- Inhaler technique: how to use your inhaler correctly. As time passes, inhaler requirements may change and technique needs to be reviewed regularly
- Referal to a Respiratory Physician in severe cases
This treatment is suitable for simple warts, verrucae, skin tags, seborrhoeic keratosis and certain other skin conditions.
The doctor may decide that a referral to hospital might be more appropriate in some, more complicated cases.
It is usually recommended that you put drops in your ear to soften the wax (available form your chemist, or alternatively you can use warmed olive oil), for approximately 5 days prior to the procedure.
Sexual Health and sexually transmitted infection
We can carry out a full screening service for sexually transmitted infections. There are a large number of such infections which can be contracted by both men and women, symptoms can include pain, sores, discharge, and burning when passing urine. In some cases, however, you may not even know you are infected, as symptoms may not be present.
Of course tests of such a sensitive nature are treated with the upmost discretion and confidentiality. Following screening we will arrange treatment or referral to specialist where appropriate
Vision/ Eye Testing
We can also assess for colour blindness using: “Ishihara’s Tests” to assess for colour blindness.
Eye examination is also useful for screening and monitoring chronic diseases such as Diabetes & Hypertension.