Heart Disease /hypertension
The following services may be performed by your doctor:
- Peak Expiratory flow rate measurements (PEFR); a simple breathing test which measures airflow from the lungs & can be used to both monitor & help to diagnose asthma.
- Nebuliser treatment for acute asthma attacks. Medication can be delivered by inhaling the relieving drug in the droplet form created by a nebuliser.
- Smoking Cessation: This is a difficult task and we advise you get as much help as possible.
- Inhaler technique: how to use your inhaler correctly. As time passes, inhaler requirements may change and technique needs to be reviewed regularly
- Referal to a Respiratory Physician in severe cases